Next TOKO will be at Februari 21st, 2010 and will be about OpenGL and CUDA, two programming libraries for 3D visualizations and parallel GPU programming respectively. Please let us know if you have experience with (one of) these libraries you want to share. If no experts will attend we’ll split up, find out about particular topics in the morning and share our findings in the afternoon. Topics we hope to clarify:
- how to start programming OpenGL?
- creating objects: shapes, positions, materials, textures
- creating light sources: positions, colours
- setting up camera: position, projection modes, viewing volume
- specials: double buffering, cullface topics, stereographic images, shading, export films
- libraries extending / interfacing OpenGL (ie. glu, glut, glee, OpenFrameworks)
- what is CUDA?
- how to start programming CUDA?
- implementing parallel processable algorithms like cellular automata or particle systems in CUDA. Some examples can be found here.
There will be three (MiniITX) computers available with a NVIDIA ION GPU on board.
Date: Februari 21th, 2010 @ 10:00
Location: Kleine Koppel 40, 3812 PH Amersfoort
If you have never visited a Toko before, please read the about page. If you want to join, you can register by filling out the registration form.